If you live in Denver, you may be eligible for a partial refund of your property taxes!
Applications are now open for the Denver Property Tax Relief Program for 2021. This program allows those who qualify to receive a partial refund of property taxes paid, or the equivalent in rent. You can receive anywhere from $372 to $1800 depending on your eligibility and other criteria.
You may qualify if:
- You turned 65 or older in 2021
- You have a disability
- You have a minor or dependent who lived with you throughout 2021
- You meet the income guidelines (see here)
- The home’s property taxes are paid in full for 2021
- No other Denver Property Tax Relief refunds have been issued for the home
The minimum rebate amount each applicant will receive is $372. However, that amount will be less if the total amount of rent or property taxes you paid was less than $372. There is a maximum rebate amount of $1000 for renters and lessees and $1800 for homeowners.
To read the full list of criteria and learn more about the program, including how to apply, visit here. This page also includes the documents you will need for your application and where to turn it in. You have until April 30, 2023 to apply.